[pct-l] Who the heck is this Ray guy?

To whom it ray concern,
   So I am a newcomer to this list, and in comparison
to many of you, as inexperienced as one can get to
long distance hiking.  Unlike the subject suggests, I
too have read Ray's book, cover to cover.  When I was
finished, I nodded my head and set it down.  Most of
it, common sense, but worthy enough to keep my eyes
open for those one, two, or three ideas i may adopt.
The book served its purpose, but until you all have
stretched this topic out the entire length of the
trail, for the third time (in just UNDER three
months), I wouldn't have remembered his name.  Hike
your own hike.
  May throw a bit of variety in these redundant and
drawn out remarks of yours and ask for more variety in
this digest?  Could someone please stir the corn
pasta-posts?
   When I originally subscribe to this list, the
stories of "when I was hit with an unexpected
rainstorm..." or "my experience with esbit fuel has
been..."  I'd read with a purpose.  I now find myself
skipping any emotional or heated posts because they
simply will not help me on the trail.  Again, they
will not help me on the trail.  Again....they will not
help me on the trail.
point?
   Already hating the fact I am depending greatly on
this technology (email/pct-digests) I am so eager to
rid my life of for four months (Mexico to just
pre/post-Oregon) for advice to make my time easier on
this journey, I find it even more disheartening many
of you are wasting my time to "one-up" or argue each
other.

In ten words or less: Please give me something useful
in this message group!

Back to more inexperienced questions:  With one shirt
to wear for my day to day hiking all summer, would I
be happy with a polypro-T ?  Any remarks to be made
about tried and true fabrics (for T-shirts) that wick
well, aren't permanently stinky after washings, and
will last each and every day?
Secondly...I am planning on the Feathered Friends
Swallow.  All looks good, but the bottom of the bag
does look a bit like a straightjacket.  I wonder if
there are any others out there that like to spread
their tired legs out a bit after a long days hike,
that have adopted this bag.  What do you think of it's
roominess, all other factors aside?
And...can you cook in the Walrus Microswift's
vestibule?

Cheers!

Needing some posts to help me on the trail,
-Luke
lukeahoy@yahoo.com