[pct-l] Filter Letter

Personally, I doubt whether a compliment in Jim and Ginny's letter would
have made any difference.  This is a company, not a person.  If PUR is
smart, they're monitoring these lists.  The impact on their customer
service department will come when their management realizes that the
equipment a successful thru-hiker uses and praises will be bought by many
others (including many other eventually successful thru-hikers), and when
they stick that impact into their spreadsheets.  Not before.

In '94 I saw a lot of hikers on the PCT trying to get through to companies
about their lightweight hiking boots falling apart because of the heat.
 Mostly an exercise in frustration, from what I could tell.

BTW, record companies get into chat rooms and pose as teenagers to sell
their records.  Usually the girls can tell -- or at least they say they
can.  How many here have wondered about an occasional PCT post here or
there?

A good letter and well-placed.

-- Dave

David B. Stockton