Re: [pct-l] Dogs on the PCT.........

In a message dated 2/4/00 9:22:51 AM Pacific Standard Time, Slyinmd@aol.com
writes:

<< Someone asked me about bringing a dog on the trail during a thru-hike.  I
couldn't recall ever seeing one.

 Has anyone hiked long distance, or thru-hiked the  PCT with a dog?

 I would imagine it would be difficult, at best. >>

I would imagine that it would be difficult, but I've never hiked with a dog.

One other question hikers must ask themselves before beginning a PCT hike
with a dog is, "What are the regulations in the National and State Parks
about dogs on the trail?"

I suppose this will bring on the typical controversy about "I don't need no
stinking regulations to tell me what to do."  But, there are some of us who
do want to know if dogs are allowed on the PCT as it passes through National
and State Parks.

Does anyone know the regulations regarding dogs on the trail? It's only a
rumor, but I heard that a PCT hiker was asked to leave a National Park last
year with their dog or face a citation.

Please save time for all of us and comment only on the existence or
nonexistence of regulations about dogs on the trails of National & State
Parks.

Hike responsibly in 2000,
Charlie