[pct-l] Re: Attitudes and Trangia

Strider --

Thanks for your helpful, concrete suggestions:

	(1) Plan rest at regular intervals, some to just explore (away from the
daily goal-achieving).
	(2) Get away from the trail for a while if it seems like a good idea.

I know that #1 will be very useful to me, especially the idea of going off
on a side day-hike just for the heck of it.  Thank you.

As far as " No object in pursuing things that your body or mind is simply
incapable of doing" :  I haven't even tried the six times that Ray Jardine
tried to climb a cliff.  If I don't have the mental or physical capacity
this try, I will the next.

It took me a second try to finish reading "War and Peace", and I had to
develop new reading skills and disciplines to accomplish that, but I
figured that the book was fantastic, and that the problem was me, and it
was I that had to rise to the level of the book, and I was right.  And now
it is on my top ten list.

I could go on and on.  The main thing is:  when I encounter something
greater than I am, do I turn and run away, never to try again, or do I gain
a new respect for it, and myself, by trying to figure out how I have to
improve, and improving, and trying again, until I succeed?  If all I try is
that which I can accomplish the first time, that which I do "naturally",
what does that say about the range of things I'll be able to accomplish?

The best thing is the thing that makes you cry out in frustration and
anger, because it has pointed out your weakness in unambiguous terms.

I've corrected a lot of PCT-weaknesses over the past 5-6 years, and
hopefully this year we'll find out if that was enough, or if there are more
weaknesses to correct.

Your suggestion was exactly what I was looking for.  One more weakness made
less weak.  Thank you once again.

Laurel --

Believe it or not, I bought mine at REI-- however I don't believe they
sell them anymore.. I know Trianga has their website, maybe you can
purchase through them?

Someone else responded with the tip:

Dave-
I bought one from Sierra Nevada Trading Company. They
have cheap shipping. I love mine.

http://www.snacattack.com/

They have them listed on their website, but I haven't called yet to verify
that they actually do.
Thanks for the suggestion, Laurel.

-- Dave

David B. Stockton