[pct-l] Navigation Help

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Michelle <mhaynes@mbayaq.org>.
* Please use <mailto:mhaynes@mbayaq.org> to reply to the sender.

I need some help on important information about navigation.  I am reading Ray J's book on the PCT and he talk a lot about hiking in snow, however he never talks about navigation.  I assume if you have an altimater and topo map you can figure it out.  So any recommendations or advice.  And how are the land marks in the high snow areas on the PCT trails.  Thanks for your help. M