Re: [pct-l] resupply

Hey Weather Carrot!

I believe you can send out mail from Kennedy Meadows, but you have to pay
extra to do so.

To go to South Lake Tahoe, most hikers leave the trail at Echo Lake. There
you can call Sam at the South Lake Tahoe Inn (I think that's the name of the
motel) and he'll shuttle you down for free and take you back if you stay a
night in his hotel. There may be other shuttle services that you can call as
well.

You can send pacakages to Echo Lake to resupply if you wanted to avoid the
urban sprawl and Expense of South Lake Tahoe. The Echol Lake store also has
a pretty good collection of food. It would be hard to completely resupply
from it, you could supplement a mail drop easily.

I resupplied from the store at Kennedy Meadows at Sonora Pass.  You'd better
like cream of wheat because that's all they had breakfast wise. It's also a
long winging hitch to get down there. There's also a restaurant there as
well.

You could probably find a place to Camp in Lone Pine if you walked outta
town a bit. It's in the desert so you could probably set up behind some
chaparral. There is a campsite at the road into Tehachapi. That would
probably be the best place to camp. The town is a bit more urban and it
would be hard to find a stealth camp.

Troubadour
http://www.pcthiker.com | experience the pacific crest trail