Re: [pct-l] Re: Mexico to Mt.Whitney

> That late-season storm was responsible for at least one death and one
> helicopter rescue from Forester Pass. It can happen again. Why not plan to
> arrive in the Mt. Whitney area later than May/June 1?

I am attempting to cover Sections A to G. I have already done H (John Muir
Trail) and numerous sections above I-80 in CA.
I am trying to connect the sections together so I have hiked all of
Southern CA. I am going to start early, probably the third week of March.
If conditions are too extreme I know I will not make it to Whitney. If I
am stuck in my tent for a blizzard or two I will have something with me to
read. I will just take the trail one mile at a time on its own conditions
and keep heading north. If I do not reach my goal, oh well, it gives me
another excuse to return to Mt Whitney when I can fit it in my schedule.

The reason for my early departure is that is when I complete finals this
term. I have until early May to return to my job in Alaska. It is my only
free time this year so it will be spent out on the trail.