[pct-l] Tahoe Area (Old US40) Free Thru-hiker Hospitality

For the fourth year, Bill and Molly Person will be providing free
hospitality for Pacific Crest Trail thru-hikers at the Donner Summit (old
hi-way 40) area just north of Lake Tahoe. We live about four miles from the
PCT and will pick up and deliver hikers from the trail.  We expect to be
open from the first thru hikers to August 20.   Last year, we hosted about
fifty thru-hikers and look forward to the coming season.

Pooh Corner receives food drops, provides free beds, meals, showers,
laundry, etc.  We also make airport runs for significant others and
anything else we can to support thru hikers in their quests. Our cabin
faces on Donner Lake and provides swimming boating, etc. or just plain
loafing.

Bill hiked the AT in 96 (Pooh, SillyOldBear) and welcomes the chance to
repay a little of the hospitality I received.  Please spread the word.

Mailing Address:
11200 Donner Pass Road #196
Truckee, CA 96161
(530) 587-4485