[pct-l] meals

I started a habit of breaking camp as soon as I woke up and started
walking. I would eat a cliff bar and a cold bottle of coffee[I am a
major coffee guy] while I hiked. I would walk 5 miles or so and stop and
eat breakfast:granola and coffee. It really worked well for me. It sure
beats hanging around camp and wasting time like I used to. I pretty much
snack all day too. Tortillas and PB, almonds, bars, and whatever else.
I also like Ron's idea of a midday large meal. I am doing a section hike
from Tuolomne Meadows to at least Sierra City this summer and do not
plan on bringing my bear cannister. I think I would get less attention
from Yogi and BooBoo if I cooked earlier in the day and not at my
campsite.
Tom in Sacramento