[pct-l] Re: Mexico to Mt.Whitney

Stephen Stoddard asks:

Mexico to Mt. Whitney by May 1st, is this possible?

In an exceptionally dry year, and this year may be one, it could be possible
but you had better be prepared for snow.  For reference, starting in Campo
April 2, I entered the Sierras by May 3rd.  Mt. Whitney is several days hike
into the Sierras under the best conditions and depending on your pace,
experience, etc.

IMHO,

Greg "Strider" Hummel

PS  I found some post cards in my Mom's home that I had sent to my parents
while I was on the trail.  They are another glimpse into my experience that I
thought was long ago lost.  It was as though I had found a stash of gold when
I found them!