Re: [pct-l] Internet

In a message dated 1/21/00 5:22:41 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
ronm@fallingwater.com writes:

<< If anyone has a list, I'd like to see it also. I want to post it to the
PCTA
 website. I'll be also making a list on my hike this summer. >>

A list I got prior to my hike last year from Chris Bailey I believe included

The Saffuley's at Agua Dulce

Mammouth Lakes (library)

Bridgeport (library)

Chester (library)

Dunsmuir (library)

Etna (bradley's b and b, hiker friendly)

Ashland ( at the health food coop or university)

Skykomish

Two additions that I know of, are

Idyllwild (library)

South Lake Tahoe (library)

Most of the library's had better than banker hours and charged a $1 or $2 per
hour for useage, but I felt it a great service, even though I'd spaz out
after a few minutes, being disconnected from the real world (aka trail).

I was terrible about writing or getting in touch, although I made some phone
calls and a email or two, the "only" postcard I wrote was to a couple on an
other trail.

I Think,  I'll go hiking and think about this internet thing,  Sly  : )