RE: [pct-l] Ultralight, a matter of technique?

In my opinion, it's far better to carry a lot less and know how to use it,
> than to carry more and trust your equipment to makeup for your lack of
> knowledge.
>
> Ron "Fallingwater" Moak

I think the above statement is absolutely true. That is why I advised on the
technique of crossing snowfields, climbing snowed-in passes and crossing
water. However, the go-lite philosophy seems more like a mantra than a
decision based on knowledge. For example, my photo equipment weighs about 8
ounces. Does this mean that I have better knowledge and technique than you
do? Of course not.

The trail is 2700 miles long. The Sierra is less than 400. It is not
necessary to degrade your health through this section in order to save a few
days.