[pct-l] Shoes

It seems that we are no closer to a consensus on running shoes vs. boots in the Sierra and I fear I may be branded as an ultra light nut even though I consider myself to be rather sane and conservative. In spite of this fear I would like to get feedback on hiking in running shoes without socks. I did so for brief periods on the trail last year and have done a couple of hundred miles of training hikes without them this winter. It seems to work well with no blistering or discomfort, quicker drying time, more breathability  some weight savings, and greater ease in disposing of grit. I'm thinking of leaving my socks at home this year and would like to hear about the experience of others.