[pct-l] Good Book

Over the holidays I read Irving Stone's "Men To Match My Mountains". This book seems well researched and is definitely well written. It is a very readable history of the west. The mountains, the passes, the towns, the rivers, the deserts, and the place names of the PCT now have far more meaning to me. I also think that my time on the trail has helped me relate a little better to those who traveled this country on foot. If you get a chance to read it prior to your hike it may well add to your experience.

By the way, from my backyard view point near the ocean I observe that this weekend's light storm has finally given us some quite visible snow on San Gorgonio and a light dusting on San Jacinto.