[pct-l] Ski Poles for hiking:

This old gal has always used old ski poles for hiking and I use them
without the straps.  My wrist have never suffered and I hold them
sometimes with just the thumb and finger when not needed to push me up
hill.  If I need the pole to be shorter I just slide my hand down the
pole......this all works for me.
Someone mentioned "Cork" grips.  think these would be light weight and I
would like to know the brand name and where they were purchased.  As for
damage to the trail......do not think so....damage what I observed on my
200 miles from Aqua Dulce to Walker pass this last Dec.  was from
Motorcycles and 4 wheel machines.  You walk uphill in 8-10 inches of sand
for a long climb up and hope that you are really on the trail....now that
is damage.

I have used the adjustable poles only for the convenience of having them
fit in my duffle bag when off to Nepal to trek.  I could not adjust mine
tight enough and they kept collapsing on me.
Marge the old gal.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.