[pct-l] Old poles

I must disagree with you selling ski poles short Rusty. Your arms do a great
job adjusting the poles to different terrain and trail shock. The solid
single length design is stronger than a two or three piece design. There's
not much profit in selling old ski poles therefore you'll never read an
article in " Backpacker " telling hikers to go out and buy old ski poles.
Trekking poles do offer some advantages, but also carry a few disadvantages
when stacked up against ski poles. ( Chiefly big bucks with no significent
inprovement ) As a 240lb. hiker with a bum knee, I can tell you the old poles
work just fine and are as durable as any trekking pole made today.