Re: [pct-l] Trekking Poles vs. Ski Poles

In a message dated 01/10/2000 9:17:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ROYROBIN@aol.com writes:

<< Hope to convince my future grandkids, if any, that the four inch
 scar on my shin was put there by one of them "gristly bars."  >>

A long time ago (suffice it to say) in section A I found a cow's tooth nicely
clean and fantasicly ornimented.  I drilled a hole in one of the roots and
tied it to my pack as a zipper pull.  One night sitting 'round the camp fire
a fellow PCT'er inquired about the tooth.  I stretched that I had knocked it
out of grizlie's mouth when it attacked me in North Montana several years
before.  I colored in the yarn with a full description of the terrible night
and the damage the bear had done to my tent and pack and having to clean my
shorts out the next morning.  He marveled at its intricate designed and said
he had never seen a grislie's tooth before.  I had a hard time keeping a
straight face.  A couple of months later, much further north, he laid into me
for taking him so badly.

It just goes to say, never believe any yarn about anything that an old PCT'er
tells ya!  Including me!

Greg "Strider" Hummel