Re: [pct-l] "national monument" vs "national park".

Stephen Stoddard wrote:
>  Mt. St. Helens is a National Monument and is administered by
> the US Forest Service, NOT the National Park Service.

This just keeps getting more and more arcane.  I visited Mt. St. Helens
last August.  I just checked my brochure and it is indeed managed by the
USFS.  When it came to paying the $8 a head or whatever it was, my
Golden Eagle Passport had just expired, so I bought a new one there in
lieu of paying the admission.  They accepted the single GE Passport for
everyone in the car.  So at least in this instance we have the USFS
selling GE Passports and accepting them at a "National Volcanic
Monument".

Let's go hiking!! Tom