Re: [pct-l] Trekking Poles vs. Pack Weight

I went the ultralight route last year on the PCT and also used two leki
hiking poles. I found them very useful for many of the reasons already
mentioned. I used them to set up my tarp and I also self arrested with them
once.

They were great help when fording streams. I would often be asked to pass
them back to the other side to other hikers without poles to aid their
cross.

Troubadour
www.pcthiker.com

There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is
translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in
all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never
exist through any other medium and be lost, the world will not have it.
--Martha Graham