[pct-l] Trekking poles

I don't mean to sound overly dramatic but I can almost say with out any
exaggeration that my poles saved my life (or at least a fall of about 2
hundred feet or more  I'd not like to have taken).  I got myself into
trouble on the PCT in extreme No. CA in the Trinity Wilderness and due
to being scared and panicking (the wrong thing of course) I headed up
and around to the point where I was so far off course as to be numerous
ridges away from the PCT.  In my panic state I just kept climbing up and
around where everything just got steeper and steeper. I used my poles
almost every step for 2 hours to keep me from going over the edge. I'd
cram the down hill side one in as far as I could and then put my foot on
it to be able to take a step.  The story goes on for 24 hours with a
bear 25 feet away from me all night and thunder and lightening (I was on
a boulder field), but, since this is about poles I'll leave it at this:
I at first did not like them either. I have found them at this point to
be more important than a bother and also make water crossings so very
much easier.  Buy two and get use to them, you'll be happy in the long
run.  Thanks for listening.
JoAnn