[pct-l] "Adventure Pass"

Jim <batdorff@coosnet.com> asked:

>>Where does one obtain the Adventure Pass?<<

The "Adventure Pass" is the name of the fee-demo permit in the Los
Angeles, California area.  It is known by different names in different
regions.  You should be able to buy a pass at any local US Forest
Service office where permits are required.  Note that this is for
_Federal_ areas only, it will not be valid at any State or Local
areas.

At this time some National Forests are participating in this program,
and some are not.  For example here in Oregon if you go to most of the
Forests on the east side of the state you will find no permit is
required.  The western Forests will all want $3.00 per day or $25
annually.  In the Pacific Northwest Region of the Forest Service, any
permit purchased is honored at all participating Forests, so my $25
sticker is good throughout Oregon, Washington & Idaho.  Worthless in
California though, so if I go to Angeles National Forest I have to buy
their "Adventure Pass" in addition.

Here's a couple of web links where you can read more about the
program.

http://www.fs.fed.us/recreation/fee_demo/fee_intro.shtml

http://www.wildwilderness.org

Good luck . . Kurt