[pct-l] Sticker shock!!

 I all honesty, I wouldn't mind a lump sum fee sticker that would allow me to
hike anywhere. Our problem is we have 20 some different fee areas close by
and no sticker is good anywhere else. You can arrive at the Eagle Creek
Trailhead, ( which now requires a Columbia Gorge Sticker ) on a Sunday with
no place to purchase the sticker and no directions where to find a place to
purchase sticker. Many forest service disticts fee stickers are not honored
by its neighboring disticts. Park Service passes are worthless at forest
service trailheads and vice-versa. These are just some small examples of what
Northwest hikers are dealing with. At 25 to 30 dollars for each pass or
sticker, it adds up fast. Then comes time to pay for one year hiking permits
once you get there. ( like in the Olympics or Mt. Rainier )  These can be
bought at 10 dollars apiece or yearly for more. ( The catch is you still need
to pay a per night fee even with the yearly permit. ) Best to take a lawyer
along on all hikes in fee or permit area. ( you really may need em to keep up
) Monte