[pct-l] Sundowner boots

I've used the Vasque Sundowners for several years now.  They are very light
for the amount of support given.  Widths are available and using various thicknesses of insoles, I was able to get a good fit.  The uppers are fairly stiff which is good for support but less so for
comfort.  I have to lace my uppers fairly loosely for them to be comfortable, otherwise the upper edge digs in.  Mine have the goretex lining.  I used them on a deer hunting trip to Oregon this
fall which was wet and mucky.  I regularly stood in streams to wash the muck off and not a drop of water leaked inside.  The smooth-side-out leather looks good when new but quickly becomes scuffed
up.  If I was going to consider using them for the PCT, I'd probably just use them for the snow bound sections of the Sierras.  I think they're a little stiff for long distance hiking.
               Jeff Jones