[pct-l] Advice for Sierra section hike start date

dylan patrick clark dylanpatrickclark at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 14:55:41 CST 2018

Howdy,

My travel plans have changed and I’m thinking of hiking a nobo section
between KM South or Lone Pine and Mammoth this Summer. Are there any
clairvoyant hikers out there who can give advice about start date given the
recent weather? (early June?)

My partner and would like to see some snow (and fewer mosquitoes). We’ve
done our share of river crossings, but neither of us are super experienced
with winter camping (I hiked in 2016 but entered the Sierra well into June).

Thanks!
Dylan