[pct-l] 1-day Snow Advanced Clinic?

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Sat Mar 3 14:01:37 CST 2018

2018 PCT, JMT, CDT Thru Hikers:

The proposed, remotely taught, 1-day Snow Advanced Clinic to teach you the
skills and awareness you'll need to safely get through the Sierra snow and
creeks

*	will not be happening if you don't apply for it.
*	You have 6 days left to apply.

Mountain Education is going through considerable expense and logistical
complication to try to bring this to you on the PCT (just south of the JMT)
where it is now looking likely, due to the recent weather pattern change,
you will run into snow in May.

IF we receive enough applications (and subsequent registrations),

. The class will be present at Chicken Spring Lake, mile 750, and available
to attend only by those who have registered for it in advance (USFS
requirement).

. You cannot register and pay for it there (USFS requirement).

. Its first day cannot be until the trailhead opens in Horseshoe Meadows,
late April to mid-May.

. It will be offered daily for two weeks, then a weekend off (USFS
requirement), then back on for two weeks, then off, and so on until we have
taught 200 hikers max (USFS requirement). The course schedule will be
emailed to each registered student.

IF we do not receive enough student applications,

. The class will not be offered and will not be there for you to attend.

2018 PCT, JMT, CDT Thru Hikers:

. You have 6 days remaining to apply!

. We have one week to submit our course confirmation to the USFS by March
9th.

. Course Applications can be found here
<https://www.facebook.com/mountaineducation/>
https://www.facebook.com/mountaineducation/ . The class is called: SAC/CSL.
The course date is when you expect to get there (JMT/CDT as well). Include
your PCT start date, if applicable.

. If you want to be calmer, confident, and more savvy over snow and through
creeks, apply now or it won't be available to you!

Be Careful out there and have incredible journeys this thru hiking season!

Ned Tibbits, Director

Mountain Education, Inc.

ned at mountaineducation.org <mailto:ned at mountaineducation.org>