[pct-l] Heads Up! Remaining long distance permits available Jan. 17th-

Paint YW paintyourwagonhikes at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 20:28:41 CST 2018

Starting at or near the Mexican border (both thru-hikers and section hikers)

These permits are limited to 50 people per day. We will release these
permits in two phases, so if you miss getting a permit in the first phase,
you’ll have the opportunity to try again.

   1. On Nov. 1 at 10:30 a.m. Pacific time, 35 permits per day will become
   available.
   2. *On Jan. 17 at 10:30 a.m. Pacific time, the remaining 15 permits per
   day will become available.*

Starting in the Southern Sierra or overlap on the JMT/PCT section

   1. *We’ll start accepting permit applications on January 17 at 10:30
   a.m. Pacific time.*

Over the last several years, there has been a significant increase in
demand for permits to hike in the Sierra Nevada.

To protect access and preserve the quality of the experience, permits will
be limited. For the 2018 season, PCTA issued permits in this region will be
held at the 2017 levels. 1400 permits are available for section hikes
passing through the JMT overlap section from Mt. Whitney to Tuolumne
Meadows. 600 of those permits may start at trailheads within the Southern
Sierra from Kennedy Meadows South to Sonora Pass. Permits are first come,
first served.

If you’re unable to get a PCTA issued permit, you’ll need to contact the
local land management agency or plan a trip on another section of the PCT.
Starting elsewhere (Southbound thru-hikers and other section hike
itineraries)

   1. *We’ll start accepting permit applications on January 17 at 10:30
   a.m. Pacific time.*

Good luck everybody!

Paint

https://www.pcta.org/discover-the-trail/permits/pct-long-distance-permit/