[pct-l] Ongoing discussion about fires and stove

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 11 11:37:20 CST 2018

Let's start with the community that we might be able to reach.---Two thousand(?) thrus and Myths each year
There were countless posts on line from hikers about making campfire each night on the PCT. I saw no indication that those were because the people were hyperthermic(that is different) It seemed to be an emotional comfort bit of behavior. Let it go.
Wear another layer. Get into your sleeping bag.
People come from all over the country and the world and don't understand that this is not a trail on which to make fires.  I can't reach every hunter,weekender,day hiker. But we can be proactive about reaching our community. It will become a critical mass at some point. The word will spread. It takes time.  Let's start. Those of you on the 2018 Facebook page please spread the word.
Marmot

Sent from my iPhone