[pct-l] Sierra City SOBO to Echo Lake or Carson Pass

Denis Stanton denisstanton at mac.com
Tue Aug 15 15:03:38 CDT 2017

Hi Susan,

I can only speak for the southern end of you hike.  I hiked NOBO from Ebbett’s Pass to Echo Lake (including Carson Pass to Echo Lake) from 23rd July to 27th July.

I though trail conditions were near perfect.  We went up to 9200 ft a couple of times. Some minor patches of snow to cross, but nothing requiring anything more than trail runners on my feet.  Fresh water gushing in the streams never more than a mile apart and usually more frequent.  It was getting a bit hot then, and we’re now two weeks further on so the snow may be all gone and the streams a bit reduced.  Only down was there were mosquitos, but not the worst I’ve seen.

Sorry I can’t report on the Desolation Wilderness and further north

Denis Stanton