[pct-l] Sierra City SOBO to Echo Lake or Carson Pass

Susan Virnig susan at newstories.org
Tue Aug 15 12:44:52 CDT 2017

My hiking buddy just bailed on me, so I’m hoping to complete our planned hike SOBO from Sierra City to Echo Lake or even Carson Pass solo, starting next week.  Does anyone have any info about trail conditions, snow in the 7500-9000 foot parts of the the trail, and water conditions?  Any info would be very useful.

I’m a section hiker and have hiked from Sierra City to Manning Provincial Park in a continuous line — except for one 50 mile stretch which I will fill in soon! — and about 500 miles of that solo.  I would have preferred to hike with my friend, but I don’t want to give it up just because she’s not going.

—Susan from Spokane, aka Sunshine