[pct-l] Echo Chalet no longer a resupply point

ambery-80243 at mypacks.net ambery-80243 at mypacks.net
Wed Jan 6 20:04:22 CST 2016

"The angels and businesses and trail magic that
 help us use the trail and make it possible to do this journey are a rare
 gift to be appreciated and supported with polite gratitude."

I think this is the most important point.  Trail Magic is a gift.
This means it is given freely, but not required.
While it may not be a popular sentiment, I personally feel that "trail angelling" has almost gone overboard.  I did most of the trail in 2006.  Having followed trail blogs since them, I'm actually kind of appalled at how much is provided for hikers now. (When I saw photos of an actual cupboard of goods by the trail in NorCal, I knew we were really stretching it!)

I know we say hike your own hike, but when it stops being about hiking and more about what we find at every road crossing, I think we are losing the spirit of being outside and being on the PCT.