[pct-l] Echo Chalet no longer a resupply point

Linda Sheehan lwshee at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 12:36:11 CST 2016

I am a lowly section hiker and have been lucky (and retired) to be able to
do the parts of the PCT when the traffic is low. When we have hit the
'flood of thru hikers' I notice that some of them exhibit the rude and
thoughtless 'Ft. Lauderdale' behavior mentioned in the above emails. Most
of the hikers we meet are not of this ilk, thankfully so. But like
everything in life the bad apples ruin the experience for everyone. I would
agree that the additional support can be taken advantage of and should
possibly be toned down a notch or we will lose any support. It would be
fine to just concentrate on WATER and leave the showers and cupboard items
to languish on their own. We can do the trail trips without the amenities,
but my trail buddy and I have thanked the heavens for the water left at a
cache.
Linda S.​