[pct-l] Dogs on the trail

anubaluxx anubaluxx at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 23:11:07 CST 2015

Hello all.  I would just like to thank everyone for their very informative and helpful replies.  Dogs are not everyone's favorite subject, especially where the PCT is concerned, as I well know.   Unfortunately,  careless dog owners have created a bad feeling for many.  My BC went on her first backpacking trip at 12 weeks, though she was carried a good bit.  ;-)  She will be my trail companion.  When I start planning my California hikes I will think seriously about bringing her, though she is a strong, sturdy dog.  My previous Border Collie summitted South Sister and Diamond Peak with me without an issue.  I will have a better idea after we hike Oregon this year.  Again, thank you for the info!