[pct-l] Permits for Northern Cal

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Tue Apr 28 14:25:46 CDT 2015

>  In the process, it looks like
> we will be going through Shasta-Trinity NF, Klamath NF, and Rogue River
> NF.  I am having trouble trying to figure out what permits we need to camp
> along this section.  Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Generally speaking "dispersed camping" in National Forests,  outside
of wilderness areas does not require a permit. Using a stove requires
a California Fire permit, available online for free. There are no
quotas that I know of in Nor-Cal so if you plan on camping in a
wilderness area and need a wilderness permit you should be able to
stop by a ranger station and pick one up, or possibly get one by mail

More specific information
Shasta-Trinity - http://goo.gl/KlC3IH
Klamath - http://goo.gl/Pw9y3g
Rogue River - http://goo.gl/EYTGZQ