[pct-l] First time on PCT--need help planning travel!

Elizabeth King ekingc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 12:51:49 CDT 2014

Hi everyone: This summer will be my first time backpacking and my first
time on the PCT. We are planning to fly in to Reno-Tahoe and we want to do
5 days or so in the Northern CA section of the Trail (probably Lake Tahoe
area??). We plan to stay at a hotel one night after arriving to Reno-Tahoe
and starting on the trail the next day. We're having a hard time figuring
out how to get to the trail and where exactly to start. Given that we're
coming from out of state, and don't really want to rent a car... can anyone
offer advice for this scenario? Basically what is a nearby point of
entrance from Reno-Tahoe, and what is the  best way to get to the trail
short of renting a car and driving ourselves.

Thanks! : )