[pct-l] May 29 SOBO

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Tue Mar 25 17:15:30 CDT 2014

If I remember correctly, the Harts Pass Road is about 18.7 miles just down
to Mazama, and another 0.3 to the Winthrop highway so it's a push on mileage
to just go on to Rainy Pass with much better road access. There is a large
picnic area directly across the highway at Rainy Pass, and a huge parking
lot with a vault toilet just down the highway (east) about 1.2 mile. The PCT
crosses the highway at Rainy Pass and runs east along the south side of the
highway before turning south to Stehekin.