[pct-l] SF Bay Area, SF or Peninsula: needy hiker? backpacking food available for person-to-person donation

Marina Brevdo mbrevdo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 09:51:47 CST 2014

Hi all,

Not sure if this is appropriate list use.... let's see.

We live on SF Peninsula and have a bit of through-hiker food to
donate.  We would like to give it to a needy, local hiker who is
planning a trip, ideally a through-hike for this year, because we want
you to either take it all or nothing.  Caveat: it is now about 1.5
year old, so not the freshest thing around.  Must be able to pick up,
either in Mountain View or SF.

  Here is what we have:

-big-bag  dinners (fancy freeze-dried stuff from REI, so these are
totally good, and also a bunch of Knorr's Pasta Alfredo sides, and
stuff like that - this does not go bad).  We probably have about 2-3
weeks' worth.  Have not counted, so please ask if you have questions.

-a whole bunch of snacks (dried nuts, fruit, beef jerkey)

-Pop Tarts!  also "natural" equivalent of pop tarts

-etc.

The back story:  We hiked  - I hiked about a third of the PCT - in
2012, but injury, etc forced us off the trail and we had to pick up
our pre-mailed packages, so we have extra food sitting around since
the fall of 2012.  Want to donate it to a food bank but I don't think
they want the freeze-dried dinners.  Since I did not have much money
when I hiked I want to donate it to another needy hiker - I know this
stuff can be expensive!

Please call or email ASAP with your story.  650-815-1007.

And those of you who are planning your hike this year, best of luck
and you will love it!!!

Marina

mbrevdo at gmail.com