[pct-l] Avoiding Heat Rash

Chris Wright chriswright04 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 14:13:07 CDT 2014

With increasing temperatures during my training hikes, I
have suddenly developed what I believe is heat rash under my straps, hip belt,
on my back and on top of my feet and ankles.  Showed most noticeably after
a 10 mile hike at 73 degrees, carrying 43 pounds on a Gregory Baltoro.  I
can find all kinds of info on treating heat rash, but I’d like to know if there
are any tricks for preventing it….other than don’t where a pack.  How do
thru-hikers prevent the rash under their pack and in their boots once the temps
go up in the summer?  Are there any tricks out there?