[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 76, Issue 26

lorna at ptera.net lorna at ptera.net
Tue Apr 22 13:10:27 CDT 2014

Thank you, Dan.  I love your posts, too, Diane.  Don't let anyone's
careless/immature remarks keep you from contributing!

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014
From: Dan Engleman
To: Diane Soini

Some people think (and write) in a concrete sequential manner and other's
think (and write) in a random abstract way.? Being that I fall into the
random abstract type thinker/writer I prefer Diane's flavor of response to
the more concise/precise/sterile factoid list approach to hiker inquiries.?
Do I appreciate the "bullet point folks" (definitely) but I learned a long
time ago that I just am not wired that way myself.?

Best thing about Diane's posts are that she does not claim to have?all the
answers for all?people?and for all times but she has been around long enough
to know that anxiety runs high preceding a thru hike and absorbing
everyone's wisdom gets people through the waiting for "launch day."? She is
also well aware (and the first to say) that?backpackers will find their way
if they just get out there and "do it," which I found to be valuable advice
prior to my PCT launch?on 2011 ... ?

I appreciate that you take the time, Dianne, to be so respectful of newbies
questions/concerns; you do more than bullet point the facts you open up your
heart. I hope that the factoid police don't ever deter you from doing what
you do so well ... care.