[pct-l] Ursack

Luce Cruz lucecruz13 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 21:57:08 CDT 2014

On Apr 21, 2014 7:47 PM, "be hope" <bh.csuchico at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​Jamie,
>
> So BearVault will (may?) " ​inevitably hear" about a defective unit, but
> there may be (many?) more defective units that never incounter a bear.
 Can
> BearVault include a specification sheet with a BearVault purchase in terms
> of 1) wall thickness in inches and  mm plus 2)  a methodology for how a
> hiker can test for proper wall thickness?  Those specifications  would be
> nice to verify before heading to bear country.
>
> be hope, BearVault user.

While the information you request is not what I consider unreasonable, I
believe that each individual owner testing in the manner you describe is.
The equipment cost alone would be prohibitive.

I work in metal fabrication. Things are tested as x number out of a lot of
y units. If you want to pay much more for something, each and every unit
can be quality control checked, but that takes time. That way, the
potential to complain about something unrelated to unit failure will ever
present. (Hint: if things cost to much, people complain. If things fail to
much, people complain. If  manufacturing output is to slow, people
complain.  The happy medium for all three is usually the goal)

Luce Cruz