[pct-l] Re; Ursack, a step closer

Gail Van Velzer vanvelzer at charter.net
Mon Apr 21 14:10:34 CDT 2014

I read the article and it says that moth balls HAVE been used against bears
with some success.  The conjecture is that it MIGHT attract bears.  While it
may be true that I just haven't encountered any, I think I'll still use the
mothballs.  I am bringing a bear canister too in some areas.  My experience
with the horses is that the bears run away.  I've never seen or heard of a
bear attacking a horse.  If anyone has, please let me know.  I've thought of
hanging my food near the horses and let them deter the bears.
Gail