[pct-l] Boots! And thx

Nikki Eddy nikkieddy at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 23 15:55:36 CDT 2013

My sister, a newbie to hiking, joined me for a section this past summer, and showed up in boots. Outcome? 24 miles in, and I didn't know a human foot could form THAT many blisters. It was hilarious and tragic at the same time!
IMHO shoes are like jeans...when you put on a pair that feels right, you just know. Good ventilation, light, and comfy. Wear them in well, and rock and roll. And I'd listen to Yogi any day over an REI employee...chances are she's had at least 5K more miles under her belt than they have :)
I have also found that there's no teacher like experience. Get out there for a week, do a hundred miles, and see what works and what doesn't. Have fun! :)

Sent from my iPhone