[pct-l] Mexico to Palm Springs

Matt Signore mpsignore at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 13:22:14 CDT 2013

Mt San Jacinto is almost 11,000' going there in November is asking for
trouble.  People expect SoCal to be warm.  They are the same people that
don't know about the 9,000' peaks and ridges.  Fuller ridge is a full days
hike for someone doing 14 mpd maximum.

Personally I would recommend soaking up some information this Fall and
Winter then go out in the Spring.  October is right around the corner, and
you don't have your guidebook yet.  You can hike the Anza Borrego I guess
check the water report first, there are places to cache water if they
haven't been filled recently.  There is a ton of information you should
have before you go out in the middle of a desert and hike with a 10-14 mpd
average.  The caches that are there are meant for you to do 20's not 10's.
 In all seriousness figure that out before you head out there.

Matt Signore
pcthandbook.com

--
Matt Signore