[pct-l] JMT bread

greg mushial gmushial at gmdr.com
Mon Sep 16 13:11:47 CDT 2013

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 10:00:44 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Hank Magnuski <hankm at mtinet.com>
> Subject: Re: [pct-l] JMT bread
> To: Scott Williams <baidarker at gmail.com>
> Cc: "<Pct-l at backcountry.net>" <pct-l at backcountry.net>, Marcia Powers
> <GottaWalk at pacbell.net>
>

> I recently recorded a talk by Dr. Lustig (also known as Dr. Sugar). A
> fascinating discussion about how high-fructose corn syrup is killing us
> all:
>
>    https://vimeo.com/66880771
>
> His diet formula is simple: "Eat Real Food"
>
> Hank

Painfully painfully true about the HFCS...  but I don't know if you've
noticed, but a lot of it is going away / has gone away - there has been such
a consumer backlash against it that even the industrial strength food mfgs
have gone away from it, ie, the 0.7 cents they were saving in going to NFCS
was hugely negated by the drop in sales. If you go to Winco etc, you'll
still find some, but a goodly percentage is gone (~30%); and if you go
COSTCO, it's almost impossible to find it any anymore. :-)  x1000

TheDuck