[pct-l] at the "edge"

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 16:26:22 CDT 2013

Yes, he had his bread. Like a brick. Quite tasty but both Shroomer
and I don't eat bread so we didn't have any. TrailHacker eats bread
and got 3 loaves as a gift at the end of the hike. It's very dense
and mostly nuts. I do not know the details of how he makes it,
whether it's quick bread or yeast bread, but I do know that after he
bakes it he puts it into vacuum sealed plastic and then boils it
inside the plastic. Somehow this keeps it fresh enough for
backpacking, even if you have to leave some of it in the car during a
long trip.