[pct-l] Isobutane Canister performance

ralvek088-hiking at yahoo.com ralvek088-hiking at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 11 12:17:38 CDT 2013

No need to be so offensive - even in private! You may disagree with her but wow.....

I  found Mary's post very useful; she didn't present it as "scientific fact" or as published research but
just her personal experience. I'm a long time subscriber to Backpacking Light and have read many
of their stove related articles. Both kinds of data are useful to me and I'd guess to most others.

The key variable is the person using the stove and their usage patterns; I'm not a thru-hiker
and I'm not very consistent about how I cook. When I'm out backpacking I cook and eat different
kinds of food that can take different amounts of fuel to "cook" (rehydrate).

Most folks probably read a number of different sources and combine it their own personal experiences, potential
weather conditions on trail etc as they plan how much fuel to carry on a given trip.

Please do post your personal experiences! At least some of us want to hear them.

 From: Matt Signore <mpsignore at gmail.com>

Sorry to hear with all your experience you are almost a decade behind on
your definitive findings.  Here is a 8 year old study about canister
stoves.
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/canister_stove_faq#.UjCe78aWZ8F

Sorry it shreds your findings to pieces.  BPL has a ton of wonderful
articles just like this one.  Maybe someone will get you a subscription for
the holidays.  People who back their findings with data.  Not half thought
out supposition.