[pct-l] Break Strategies now sleeping bag

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 20:16:44 CST 2013

Yeah, like Shroomer I prefer a bag without a built-in hood. The built-
in hood is stuck to the bag. It's useless except as a part of the
bag. A better system is to forgo the hood and wear a hat or a
separate down hood or balaclava. Then you can use the separate hood/
balaclava on cold days.

In fact, I think the more separate all the pieces of your gear are
the better. You can solve more problems with the individual pieces
than you can with the wholes. This makes more sense the lighter you
go and the longer you are out there. The more little individual
pieces you have the more little puzzles you can solve with them.

I slept in my clothes directly on my z-rest foam pad. One night I was
just too tired to put on sleeping clothes and from then on I never
put on sleeping clothes ever again. You get a lot less picky about
stuff like that out there, that's for sure.