[pct-l] Calories in no-cook-food

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Tue Nov 12 18:00:32 CST 2013

Ooohhh good Yoshi,...that is good news.
On my JMT  "fast packs"  my menu  relies  heavily on macadamia nuts to
deliver
4,500 calories and I still loos 10 pounds over the 5+ days because I burn
about 9,000 to10,000 calories per day.

Since Macadamia nuts are very high in Monounsaturated fats, is is good
to know
that I don't have to cook them to deliver the 200 calories per oz. that
I am counting on.
There is not a lot of excess fat on my body, so I would hate to loos
more than 10 lb.

I really envy Switchback,...he has enough pre-stocked calories to the
JMT,..heck,
even the PCT, without re-supplies.

He, he, he, he...cough, cough, cough.....OXYGEN!!!....Karen, I need Oxygen.

Forgive me Switchback,...I could not help myself,...it's not my
fault,..THE  DEVIL
MADE  ME  DO  IT.

JMT Reinhold
He, he, he, he,....cough,...cough,...cough....

Yoshi wrote:
Fat is indifferent to the temperature.
It's digestive rate is constant.
[pct-l] Caustions about no-cook-foodFat is indifferent to the
temperature. Its digestive rate is constant. To increase the digestive
rate in a cold meal, it may be effective to make small powder of oatmeal
by a mixer. There are many studies, which indicated that soft and
powdered food is easy to digest. Therefore, the powdering may be the
best solution when you eat cold no-cook food. Based on the studies of
digestion of meat, ground and cooked meat is the best. That is,
Hamburger is the best food to make fat American. So, Next year, I will
eat "medium" steak instead of "rare" in USA, after the hike.