[pct-l] Caustions about no-cook-food

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 18:28:43 CST 2013

Dear Reinhold

It is very difficult to estimate the digestive rate, since for example, the
digestive rate of cooked and raw egg protein was estimated by using isotope
technique. And I don't know exactly about the instant oatmeal. ( I know
Quaker Oatmeal,  the word "instant" means "easy to cook", I think ) The
digestive rate of carbohydrate are: cooked is 95%,  no-cooked wheat is 71%.
Then, It may be estimated between 71% and 95%( average 83%), when you eat
cold oatmeal. Starch ( a representative carbohydrate) become alpha state(
amylase) and easy to digest when cooked, but it become precooked state when
time passes.   Fat is indifferent to the temperature.   Its digestive rate
is constant.

To increase the digestive rate in a cold meal, it may be effective to make
small powder of oatmeal by a mixer. There are many studies, which indicated
that soft and powdered food is easy to digest. Therefore, the powdering may
be the best solution when you eat cold no-cook food.

Based on the studies of digestion of meat, ground and cooked meat is the
best. That is, Hamburger is the best food to make fat American.  So, Next
year, I will eat "medium" steak instead of "rare" in USA, after the hike.