[pct-l] transportation from Echo Lake

Judson Brown judsonwb at gmail.com
Tue May 28 14:03:36 CDT 2013

Hello, All-

I'm meeting some friends on the PCT this summer, and I'll be accompanying
them as far as Echo Lake. I'm starting to think about my options for
getting back to Bend at that point.

I'm assuming that a hitch from Echo Lake Resort to South Lake Tahoe would
be easy enough. At that point, I'm not sure what options I have. I think I
would prefer renting a car one-way back home because I'm not a fan of
flying with backpacking gear. Thing is, I've never rented a car for a trip
before, so I'm not sure if that is available in SLT, or if I'd need to get
to Reno first and rent there.

I would appreciate any pertinent advice/info people can offer on this issue.

Thanks!

bunnyslayer/Judson
Bend, OR