[pct-l] Lassen Memorial Day not a good plan

hiker2009 at comcast.net hiker2009 at comcast.net
Sun May 19 10:09:54 CDT 2013

Thanks to those who responded to my inquiry.
The problem with the PCT in Lassen is that it's mostly closed due to fire damage.
A lot of the secondary roads are still closed in order to dry out.
The main park road will be opened for the weekend and then closed again. So...

There's lots of warm low elevation stuff between Old Station and Bartle Gap to keep me busy
for several days, day hiking or short backpacking. Figuring out exactly which backroads are
open and passable this early... that's part of the adventure. It might be possible to go as far south as the
park boundary at Badger Flat.

I suppose Burney Falls State Park will be overflowing with car campers over the weekend, but that's
what dispersed camping in national forests is good for.